Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fear of a Zippered Planet


So... this is my first zippered project! It's the "wristlet" from Lexie Barne's Sew What! Bags (http://www.sewwhatbags.com/about.htm), my favorite sewing book at the moment. I've made almost all of the projects and find them really well explained and not too difficult. The "wristlet" is a lined bag (I lined mine with ivory linen) with a cute little strap. The zipper looks ok, but it's not perfect (I didn't photograph the wonky parts on either side of the zipper). But I'm pretty happy with this first try. I had been studiously avoiding making anything with zippers. The only adjustment I made was to iron on some very heavy craft interfacing to make the bag stiff. I plan to chuck all of my cosmetics into this bag and then into my handbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment