Sunday, January 24, 2010

carryall bag







Made this large carryall bag last night. The pattern is from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (http://jansdotter.com/shop/item.php?serial=501), my first sewing book and one of my favorites. I love the yoga bag pattern from her book especially, but was not crazy about this bag (I think she calls it the "all-day bag"). The idea is great--side pocket for a drink, interesting vertical pocket in the front, large enough for a day's worth of stuff. But it was really too floppy for my tastes, even with a home dec interior ( Denyse Schmidt's lovely "Dottie") and a denim exterior. It really should have some fairly heavy interfacing. Also, the handles were too short, so I made mine a bit longer, long enough to go over my shoulders instead of just being a handbag, and it needs some kind of closure (maybe velcro?) It would make a great beach bag, but I'm not sure about using it for much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment