Thursday, February 25, 2010

hiatus


Things have been so busy at work, so I haven't been as active here as I would have liked. I've also been away from my lovely sewing desk, alas! I did manage in the last month to make a puffy skirt from Joanna Grimalva's Edith Twirl Skirt pattern (http://www.fabritopia.com/edith-twirl-skirt-pdf-sewing-pattern-instructions.html). This one looks so cute in the photo, but I've been disappointed both times I've made it. It's a bit too puffy. But I do love the fabric my daughter chose! She has very hip tastes and loves to dress like a rocker. Go girl!

1 comment:

  1. It looks darling and I love your fabrics! If it's too puffy for your taste feel free to change the dimensions (maybe to 30"-35" across instead of the full 45"). That will give it a lighter, more casual look instead of all the fullness (and you'll still have a little bit of twirl too!). :)

    ReplyDelete